Sunday, March 22, 2009

High blood pressure? Dump annoying friends!

(Article 3-23-09)



A friendship gone awry over differences

by Donnie Bernabei
DNN Staff - EXCLUSIVE!
Monday, Mar. 23, 2009

There's nothing more upsetting than associating with friends who annoy you.

In today's day and age, who needs such individuals? If you're good to a person, I've always felt that you should get the same treatment in return.

Well, here's an email that was sent from one friend to another, in which a guy told the other fella that he had enough and compared differences between them to prove his point.

"Steven, here's a blog I wrote that isn't political. Below I wrote about the differences between me and you. Let's get started.

You enjoy living in NH. I enjoy living in Massachusetts.

You always called my city a rat race even though you seek employment in Boston. I always called your city nice.

You enjoy moving all the time, making your life disruptive. I enjoy staying put so I can enjoy a simple life, especially with my job being very nearby.

You always embarrassed your friends in public by biting your nails and talking to yourself and at times into mirrors. I enjoy talking with people in public and is able to hold conversations with them at all times.

I came to visit you many times as a friend. You put me down for visiting you only on long weekends.

You began booking long weekends with your other friend and invited me to tag along. And if I didn't, tough luck to me. I introduced you to all the fine restaurants and places we have in Boston during all the limited times you visited me.

Occasionally, I would buy you a drink when you came over and even when I went to your place. In return, you charge me $15 for a 3 inch B&W TV set that you were getting rid of.

You can't keep a job because you have problems with other employees. I have lunch with employees, with one who even brings me coffee and snacks every morning.

I always wished you good luck on your job hunt and never put you down on your current job. You wrote a letter to the newspaper, stating that city workers don't deserve the benefits they are getting when you knew I was a city employee.

You are very impatient with everything. I take my time when I shop amongst other things I do.

You tell people that you don't want to discuss things, like politics, except only when you want to decide to talk about them. I enjoy talking about anything that comes up during a conversation with people.

You enjoy driving less luxury vehicles to save on gas. I enjoy driving somewhat more of a luxury vehicle, knowing that if I bought a new car I would have to spend more for insurance and to finance it instead.

You are a registered Democrat who puts their party first rather than the issues at stake. I am registered as "undecided," who basis his decision on the candidate that is right on the issues at stake.

You have no common sense. I know enough to buy a car that has a/c.

You enjoy harassing and annoying folks so bad, that some of them had run you out of the towns you lived in. I've been approached by many people, telling me to run for office in my town.

I can go on, but I am out of space.

It's simple. We just don't click. But, at least, you now know the picture.

Sincerely,

Donnie Bernabei"




Unlike the others, we tell you what's really happening.

1 comment:

  1. Well, this summer while you're driving in your comfortable car with a/c...think of him. He's stuck in traffic, complaining the whole time that it's too damn hot. While still smiling from that small satisfaction, pull into your favorite establishment and order a Boston Lager. Enjoy it, knowing that you actually love the city- unlike some "posers". (I have teenage sons, I can use the word poser.) $15 for a black and white 3 inch tv? I have some property I'd like to sell you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete